Designed For Fun, Inc. is dedicated to providing the design, equipment, construction and installation supervision of safe, durable, and fun children's play environments.
A well-designed playground fosters game playing and social interaction. And a great design must also remain within budget restraints, site requirements and safety standards while accommodating the opinions of interested parties.
"A great playground design encourages participation and sharing while at the same time allowing space for developing individual skills"
Brett Haddaway, Owner
Designed for Fun, Inc.
20 years, 2,000+ playgrounds
During his 20+ years of playground design experience, Brett Haddaway has been involved in the design, management, and provided construction services on over 2,000 playgrounds at parks, schools, child care facilities, hospitals, military bases, and amusement parks around the world. His playground designs have received numerous awards and even a TV debut with Bob Vila on "Home Again."
Design services and more.
In addition to conceptual and detailed design services, the following is a partial listing of the additional support services available to our clients:
- Overall playground project coordination
- Site inspection evaluation to determine design and installation feasibility
- Selection of resilient and accessible safety surfacing
- Site drawings with equipment and other pertinent features
- Coordination and training of volunteer groups or contractors
- Actual onsite, hands-on construction supervision
Brett's professional knowledge as a licensed professional engineer as well as a Certified Playground Safety Inspector (C.P.S.I.) provides a wealth of background to ensure your project is built to meet all safety compliance regulations, as well as constructed to last.
Some of Brett's past credentials include:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering, University of Delaware, 1980
- Registered professional engineer, NY license #064969-1
- 21 years of playground design and construction experience
- 18 years experience in overall general management of a full-service commercial playground business operation
- Onsite supervision of over 480 community-built playgrounds
- NRPA Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI)
- 8 years of project management and construction management experience with three large and prestigious engineering/construction firms, including Bechtel, Hill International and Belcan Corporation
We represent some of the most respected and reliable equipment manufacturers in the world including:
If you're interested in learning more about Brett's experience with designing and selling over 2,000 playgrounds we suggest "Top 10 Design Tips for a Successful Playground".
If you'd like to talk about a playground, contact us today.
Brett with Bob Vila on "Home Again"
Design Services and More
Our Equipment Partners
Urban Design Berlin
Apollo Sunguard Shade Systems, Inc.